Well, at least I didn’t break my TV. That was a real fear last night as Sarah Palin smarmed it up for the cameras during the Vice Presidential debate. I’ll admit, she did a hell of a lot better than I expected.
But this shit right here? On my last motherfucking nerve. Her whole “aw, shucks” down-home schtick got old, FAST. It made her at times sound condescending to both Joe Biden and the American public. You don’t have to dumb it down for us, Sarah, just answer the fucking questions with more than a giggly smile and a list of talking points. Other points:
- The word is “nu-cle-ar” not “nuc-u-lar.” There’s not a second “u” in the middle of the word. I know your boy Georgie Bush can’t pronounce it either, but maybe you should give correct pronunciation a shot.
- The commander in Afghanistan is not McClellan, he’s Dave McKiernan. And he did not say he supported the idea of using the Iraq surge as a model for Afghanistan. In fact, on Wednesday, he said he did not. These are things you should absolutely know.
- “Looking backward” at the things the Bush administration did is not dwelling on the past. Especially since we’re dealing with the fallout today of every idiotic thing that administration did. It’s called learning from your mistakes–look into it.
- Alaska is not the “heartland.” The “heartland” refers to the middle of the country. I know you’re a little fuzzy on geography, but in no way is Alaska the middle of the United States.
- Joe Six Pack is STUPID. VERY STUPID. Stop saying it!
- According to Merriam Webster, a maverick is: an independent individual who does not go along with a group or party. Both you and John McCain plan to carry on with nearly identical policies and strategies as those implemented by the Bush administration. You want to drill for more oil rather than break the cycle and try something new. You want to continue this doomed war in Iraq, with no sight of an end and no real effect on the level of terror in the world. You want to keep giving the wealthy tax breaks while the middle and poor class people still suffer under your tax burden. You want to keep women “in their place;” making less money than men for equal work and unable to make decisions about whether or not they want to be mothers. YOU ARE NOT A MAVERICK. NEITHER IS JOHN MCCAIN. STOP FUCKING SAYING THAT WORD!!!!
So anyway, what did you think? Weigh in below in the comments, and share your opinion in these polls.